UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 16, 2016

Diptyque So Don Eau de Toilette Limited Edition Travel Size Review

one little vice beauty blog: unique fragrances


I've wanted to invest in a Diptyque perfume for a while now, but the problem was choosing between the fragrances; I've always loved Do Son, but Philosykos is also incredibly beautiful. Usually, Diptyque's fragrances are only available to buy in 50ml (£60.00 / £1.20/ml) and 100ml (£80.00 / £0.80/ml) bottles, but this summer Diptyque released new limited edition 30ml travel size bottles (£42.00 / £1.40/ml). Although they don't represent better value for money, these travel size bottles make Diptyque's otherwise expensive perfumes a little bit more accessible to those new to the brand. And for those who aren't exactly loyal to just one scent, these 30ml bottles aren't too much of a commitment to any one fragrance. 


onelittlevice beauty blog: luxury perfumes


After some careful consideration, I settled on Diptyque's Do Son Eau de Toilette Limited Edition Travel Size (£42.00). Every time I've walked through Liberty's perfume hall it's always the one scent that has truly captivated me. It's really complex and unusual, unlike any other perfume that I've stumbled across. With notes of Tuberose, Orange Leaves, Pink Peppercorns and Musk, its catergised as a 'floral' - but not like any floral you've smelt before. It's rich, deep and creamy, with an oriental vibe - which makes sense, as it was inspired by trips to Indochina during the 1930s. Usually I find floral fragrances a little girlish, but this has a very different feel. It smells really elegent and complex, and just one spritz instantly makes me feel a lot more sophisticated. 

Another thing that I really love about Diptyque's fragrances is their lasting power. One or two spritzes and you'll enjoy your perfume throughout the entire day. When I've sprayed these on scarves or cardigans I've noticed that the scent of my perfume is still present days after application. If longevity is something you value in your perfumes, then Diptyque won't disappoint.


one little vice beauty blog: luxury perfume


If you're wondering how the new travel size compares to other Diptyque products, then here it is next to Diptyque's Noisetier Scented Candle 70g (£20.00). As you can see, it really is a lovely dinky version. I love that the bottle has the same style and design, so you can enjoy the same sense of luxury even if you carry this in your handbag or on travels away from home. 


I bought my bottle of Doson from Space NK for £42.00, but you can also find these new travel sizes in store at Liberty or John Lewis.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig