UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 12, 2015

My First Introduction to QVC

onelittlevice beauty blog: QVC Beauty Haul

QVC is one of those shopping networks that I've known of for a while but I don't actually know that much about it. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago, when I was invited along to their spring press day, that I realised just how many incredible beauty brands QVC stocks. I was able to see some of the amazing things being released next year and I was also given a really generous selection of products to take home. Today I'm going to be talking through all the products I recieved and showcasing some of the brands that QVC stocks online and on their channel.

onelittlevice beauty blog: QVC Beauty haul

This Works' Pillow Spray is formulated with a potent blend of lavender to create a fast acting and natural sleep aid. I've used a sample of this in the past and I found that it had a profound effect on me. I don't usually find it very difficult to fall asleep but I do sometimes struggle with a restless mind and I found that using this spray really did help me relax. Pillow sprays are obviously not going to be for everyone - they're definitely a luxury beauty product - but I love using them, and I also think that This Works' packaging is really lovely making it perfect to give as a gift. It's great to see that QVC stock This Works products and I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for what other discounted products are available from their range.

As an ardent fan of ginger cake, this candle really speaks to me. It's warm and sweet but is a little bit more special than the traditional vanilla scents. I haven't tried any of Sandy Bay's candles before but from this first introduction my interest has most definitely been piqued. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for other interesting fragrances.

one little vice beauty blog: QVC beauty haul

Earlier this year I was lucky enough to have a proper one-on-one chat with a representative from Vita Liberata and they really sold me on the brand. Since then I, admittedly, haven't tried that many of their products but I did discover their new Trystal Minerals Self Tanning Bronzing Minerals, a powder bronzer that actually tans your skin as you use it. As it doesn't contain talc it's just perfect for me (many people's skin can be sensitive to talc - including my own) and it was the only powder bronzer I used throughout the summer and autumn of this year. It's ever so slightly warm-toned so it doesn't work amazingly as a contouring product, but the colour still looks beautiful as a bronzer on even my fair skin. I don't use a lot of product each time so I only ever notice a very subtle self-tan effect, but you can really layer this up across your face, neck and shoulders for an effective dose of long-lasting colour. Personally, I think it's an amazing product and would highly recommend it - especially if it's available with a great discount on QVC.

one little vice beauty blog: QVC beauty haul

I hadn't heard of Margaret Dabbs before, but after some internet research I've seen that the brand is well stocked in some very respectable online stores, including QVC. The hand serum is especially suitable for those concerned with ageing skin as it helps to increase elasticity and firmness, as well as offering hydration for dry skin. It's "hero" ingredient is Australian emu oil - not something that I've tried before, so I'm intrigued! - as well as boasting a series of other lovely ingredients that are high in antioxidants. I'll be passing this along to my Dad and I'll get his opinion on this - he's somewhat of a hand cream connoisseur so he'll be able to tell me just how good this is. 

I absolutely love the idea of this serum - it's a wrinkle-fighting peptide complex that promises to boost luminosity and radiance, thanks to its mix of seven precious gemstones. It could potentially be a bit of a fad, but I'm certainly intrigued by the concept and it reminded me that QVC is packed full of interesting brands and products that I haven't come across before.

onelittlevice beauty blog: QVC beauty haul

Little Ondine Natural Beauty Nail Polish in L001*
I've heard a lot about Little Ondine's nail polishes, and for plenty of good reasons! Not only are these peel-off nail polishes but they're also made from only four natural ingredients and they don't have any unpleasant chemical odour, which most other nail polishes have. I love the classic shade that I was very kindly gifted and once I see how I get on with the formula I'll definitely be checking out their glitter polishes - a peel off glitter polish sounds like a thing of dreams! The upcoming spring/summer Little Ondine gift sets on QVC look truly gorgeous too, so if you're into your pretty pastels you should definitely keep your eyes peeled.

I'm a long time fan of Nails Inc's nail polishes - their colours and formulas are just so lovely! I haven't, however, tried any of their Gel Effect polishes before so I'm looking forward to seeing how long these wear for, and if they're truly as glossy as gel nails. Covent Garden Place is a gorgeous bright pink, perfect for any time of year, and QVC seems to offer some great deals on Nails Inc kits.

I love Deborah Lippmann nail polishes, between the bottle and the elegant shade range they've got me hooked. The upcoming spring collection is packed full of beautiful, elegant nude colours, all of which will look even lovelier when applied to healthy nails. The Genie in a Bottle Illuminating Nail Tone Perfector sounds like exactly the sort of thing I need as my nails are always a little bit of a sorry affair. If you're looking to primp and preen your nails then this seems like a lovely addition to any manicure - I look forward to seeing how I get on with it.

one little vice beauty blog: QVC Beauty Haul

I love the idea of a colour correcting and complexion refining powder, however as this contains talc I'm not going to be able to try this out for myself. It does, however, have some pretty glowing reviews on QVC's site and users have described it as offering a subtle glow to the skin (rather than being incredibly matte) and as being suitable for even very fair skin. It's my first introduction to the brand so I'll definitely have to take some time to learn more about their extensive makeup range, which is available online at QVC.

I briefly saw that this Benefit Tinted Primer was available as a mini with a UK magazine last month, but I never got around to purchasing it. QVC stock a lot of Benefit's products and always offer really great discounts, especially on Benefit kits containing more than one product. I'm definitely excited to try this eyelash primer and if I like it then I'll probably feature it in a future post.

I'd never heard of Judith Williams before but after looking this product up online I'm now quite excited to try it out! The Magic Makeup is a sheer foundation that adjusts to the colour of your skin, so even though it only comes in one shade it's supposed to suit quite a lot of skin tones. It's got really good reviews on QVC's website so it must be doing something right - I'll definitely give it a try and if I like it then I'm sure it will make another appearance soon.

Shavata Brow Strengthener with Organic Castor Oil*
I was very kindly sent some Shavata products in November and I've slowly been trying them all out. They're a new brand on my radar and I'm happy to see them on QVC, Shavata offer a large range of cosmetic products so there really is a lot to browse and potentially try out. Big natural eyebrows are very much "in" and I'm all for that trend - so long as things are looking neat and tidy, there isn't much I'd change about my natural brows. I haven't started using this Castor Oil Brow Strengthener but it's an interesting new product to introduce into my routine. Here's to the healthiest eyebrows around, haha!


QVC Beauty Haul: one little vice beauty blog

I've never heard of Simply Beautiful Collection before but this Honey Body Butter is a thing of beauty. Not only does it smells gorgeous but it's thick and creamy, and just perfect for dry winter skin. Body care is definitely one of the products that I repurchase most often (I'm a moisturiser obsessive) and I'm always on the lookout for effective new products. I'll definitely be talking more about this - and some other lovely moisturisers - soon, and in the meantime you can browse QVC's extensive collection of SBC products online.


Basically, I've learnt that QVC stock SO many more brands than I had imagined, and I'm excited at the prospect of getting great bargains too. I'm definitely going to pay more attention to their deals and offers - and hopefully in the New Year I'll be able to cover some of their spring releases for you. Have you shopped with QVC before? I'd love to know your experiences.
Share:

1 comment

  1. Fantastic post !
    I discover new products via this lovely presentation!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig