UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 13, 2014

Celebrating Organic Beauty Week with Green People's Powder Blush in Peach

talc free blush
talc free apricot blush

September is officially Organic Beauty Month and this week is Organic Beauty Week. To celebrate, I've swapped out the powder products in my collection that contain talc (an ingredient to which my skin is very sensitive) and replaced them with natural and organic alternatives that contain more skin-friendly ingredients. Green People - a gorgeous natural and organic beauty brand - kindly sent me one of their powder blushes in the shade "Peach" to use as my everyday blush and I have to admit that I've very swiftly fallen in love with it. 

"Peach" is the perfect everyday blush shade. It perks up my cheeks without making them look too 'done' and contains 100% natural ingredients (11.2% of which are organic). Swapping products containing talc out of my routine - an ingredient you'll find in all sorts of brands, including Mac and Benefit blushes - has improved my skin so much, it has been much clearer of blemishes and less sensitive. If you get spots of sensitive patches of skin on your cheeks I would definitely suggest trying a "talc free" week or month as you may be sensitive to it too!

Coming in at £19.95*, Green People's blushes aren't super affordable but they are very high quality, on par with the Benefit blushes I've been loyal to for years. There are two shades in the range, but for me Peach is the standout colour - it's bright enough to wake up my skin but dusky enough to keep it looking subtle. The powder is very finely milled and it applies lightly so you can build up the exact amount of colour that you want. If I'm honest, I really couldn't be happier with Green People's Powder Blushes, I won't be going back to talc based blushes any time soon that's for sure!


It is so easy to stand up for your skin by making small changes that make a big difference. If you're interested in trying out some natural and organic beauty products, without having to compromise on the quality that you've become accustomed to, then I'd highly recommend checking out Green People's online store.

Share:

4 comments

  1. I use talc free powders too because talc breaks me out otherwise! I have the Green People face powder (it's a regular re-purchase), but not tried any of their blushes. This is a gorgeous shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have to give that a try! I was really really impressed by the blush, I haven't really tried much natural make-up before so I feel like I have a lot to catch up on xx

      Delete
  2. The peach shade is gorgeous on you Angelica I have some of their pressed powders I use a darker shade as a bronzer and really like them Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana :) That's such a good idea, I think I might give that a try. I've just parted ways with all the powder products in my collection that contain talc so I guess I'll be needing to replace them xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig