UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 20, 2013

My Perfect Powder Blush: Benefit's Dallas Boxed Blush

great blush for pale skin contouring bronzing shaping face
blush for pale skin contour bronzing shaping face
perfect blush for pale skin contour and bronzeBenefit's Dallas Boxed Blush RRP £23.50 (available in Boots)

Back at the beginning of July I posted a "no spend" haul - where I picked up some items without spending any money. That haul included Benefit's Dallas boxed blush which I bought with my Boots points. I have a real soft spot for cream blushes but sometimes you just can't beat the longevity and reliability of a powder blush. Since I got Dallas, whenever I've felt like reaching for a powder blush it has been Dallas that I've chosen - it has definitely taken centre stage in the powder blush department.

Dallas is quite possible the most perfect blush for my skin tone. It has a bronzing feel to it but it lacks any orange tone that might make my face look dirty or overly "made up". I like to use it both as a blush and as a contouring product. When I use it as a blush I lightly apply it to my cheeks as I would any other blusher, but I do make sure that the edges are really blended out so that it looks really natural. I do this using the brush that I used to apply my foundation (usually my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or Expert Face Brush), I just gently bounce the brush over the tops and bottoms of the blush and this helps  created a completely seamless finish. When I apply Dallas as a contouring product I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush and I bounce this down the hollows of my cheeks and then blend it out a little bit more with a larger, fluffier brush (either my Real Techniques Blusher Brush or whichever other brush I haven't used to apply my foundation). I would then do the same down the sides of my nose and under my chin, wherever I wanted to contour. This way you get a concentrated, precise application but the larger brush then helps makes the colour less intense and more natural looking.

I honestly don't think that there is anything bad about this blush. The colour is wonderful, the lasting power is very, very good (it lasts me a full day at university- morning to evening) and I've even dropped it before without the powder smashing. If you're pale and you like adding a bit of colour to your face but you don't want anything orange or muddy-looking, then Dallas is something seriously worth considering. I don't know how it looks on other skin tones but the colour is very pretty and if you're ever near a Benefit counter I'd definitely recommend giving it a swatch. If you like the sound of it then ask for it for Christmas! All the other Benefit products I own I have received as gifts because they are really expensive. But the quality is definitely there and these boxed blushes will last you years. My last '10' boxed blush (I've used two up in the past) lasted me two years with near everyday use, so I can say from experience that they make really great gifts. 



Have you tried any of Benefit's boxed blushes before? Do you like the look of Dallas?



Please check out my wonderful October advertisers Everything's Rosie and Cynical Suzy.
Share:

10 comments

  1. I've had my eye on this for a long time, and I'm not sure if it's a bit too brown for me since I have quite fair skin, but I'll stop by in John Lewis today and have a swatch. My favourite otherwise is Coralista, it's just perfectly peachy for me. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any benefit blushes, but this color seems very nice! I thought of trying Dandelion, because it's pretty light and everyone's been raving about Rockateur.. I really liked your review!

    xoRosie
    The Austrian Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is quite lovely! I've never tried the benefit blushes before but I hope to someday :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a lovely colour, I love it! I recently droop a mac blush but that didn't survived :/ thus one must have a great strong packaging! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the look of this (damn you! ;) ) I like a bit of a bronzey feel to blushers, in fact most of the time I just wear straight up bronzer now. This is going on my Christmas list, I'm hoping my Aunt will buy it for me, she likes a good makeup splurge x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I haven't tried this one, but I love Benefit's boxed powders :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the colour of this! It's gorgeous. I think I might pick this up as a bit of a change from pinks/corals.
    I've followed you by the way!

    Leanne xx
    MakeupBlast
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig