UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 14, 2013

Super Affordable Body Bits



So, last Wednesday I posted my 'Mid Week Remedy' which was all about my mid-week pamper routine. Although I'd recommend them all some of the products I included were a little on the expensive side and there was no mention of any body bits. This week, I'm posting about some more products that I'd recommend, both as part of a mid-week pamper but also just generally. I have used, am using and will continue to use all the products that I'm going to mention and a couple of them are seriously holy grail, "I use this everyday", bits. With everything coming in under £5 everything I'm going to mention I would definitely class all these items as affordable (super affordable even, and thus the title of this post).




Lets start at the bottom (but not at bottoms literally...). I mean, let's start with feet. I know exfoliating scrubs are fashionable and what not but I'd highly recommend investing in some serious exfoliating staples. A pumice stone (or the Body Shop's equivalent, as pictured above) is an essential for keeping feet looking nice, especially relevant in the warmer months but I'd like to hope that people's feet look nice all year round! Also, body brushes - perpetually under appreciated but they will save you a small fortune in expensive exfoliating scrubs. If you want to read about how and, perhaps more importantly, why dry brushing is so fabulous then check out the post I wrote about it

Scrubbing aside, I like soft skin and I like body oils.  I don't use Johnson's Baby Oil daily any more because it isn't exactly full of the best ingredients in the world but it has been a daily staple of mine before (for years and years actually). It's a really good moisturising product and it is really really cheap. I got this small bottle for £1 and it will last me ages! Body oils are also great to apply to any bare limbs on a night out for a little bit of a sheen (a look which I personally really like). If you don't like oils then the best super cheap body moisturiser, I find, is probably Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula - I prefer the unscented variety. I find that this really does a hell of a job and the effects last on my skin for more than a day meaning that it lasts longer than usual as I can get away with using it less often.

As cleanliness goes I like Original Source's Shower Gels (I bet a lot of you already do too). I currently have the Lavender and Tea Tree variety kicking about but I usually prefer the Shea and Honey variety (this particular variety is glorious, honestly the stuff of dreams) and the whole range is usually on offer for 99p-£1.10 somewhere or other. For deoderant I'm very picky and I tend to flake out on deoderants and never repurchase them. This variety, however, the Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate and  Lemon Verbena is really lovely and the scent is the nicest that I've stumbled across in a long while. It's fragranced (which lets face it, makes using deodorant more fun) without being overwhelmingly strong and I haven't had a skin reaction to it which is, you know, a good thing.


Whether you use all of these together or just one with them all coming in so cheaply they make affordable treats! What budget body bits would you recommend?


Share:

5 comments

  1. Love the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Moisturiser, leaves my skin feeling soft every-time :) x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Baby Oil if my skin is really really dry xx

    Lots of Love Beautyqueenuk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dove deodorants so much my fav's are the lemon and cucumber!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Original Source shower gels are the best! I like the mint one for a good morning wake up :)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig