UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 08, 2013

Oriflame Ever Lasting Foundation and Perfect Blush (review and swatches)




Oriflame is a new brand on my radar this month. There have been a few reviews of some of their products (most notably some very favourable reviews of their lipsticks) popping up on a number of blogs over the last few weeks and I have been keeping my eye on them! I was sent Oriflame's Ever Lasting Foundation in Porcelain* and Oriflame's Perfect Blush in Classic Rose*

Initially, I worried that the Oriflame foundation might be too light now that I've achieved a bit of a summer tan but lightly applied it actually looks fine and it is definitely the right shade for me for the winter. The Ever Lasting Foundation range is supposed to offer medium to full coverage and I think that if you used more of it (I used it lightly due to colour matching issues) it would definitely offer quite full coverage. But the magic is in the feel of the product, it feels pretty weightless to be honest. I really enjoyed having this on my face, which in summer isn't exactly the norm when it comes to fuller-coverage products. However, when worn without a primer it does sink into my pores and really highlight them so a primer is a must! As I'm now in the habit of wearing a primer anyway this isn't such a concern for me and I don't think it should put you off using this foundation. The coverage coupled with the weightless texture makes it a unique addition to my collection - you can see how it looks on me in my FOTD below (I'm only wearing foundation on my skin, no concealer).

Oriflame's Blush in Classic Rose is a truly perfect my cheeks but better colour (I don't think this is a thing but it should be). Dusted on lightly with my Real Techniques Blusher Brush it was really easy to lightly build this up until I reached the perfect 'natural glow'. It layers really well so it's a great 'beginner's blush' as you can really play around with it quite a lot without looking like a badly painted china doll! The colour 'Classic Rose' is perfect for me- it is definitely a pink but it isn't too rosy. Anything super pink does something slightly unpleasant to my colouring, this pink is edged with coral (as you can see in my swatch above) and it makes it really very flattering and easy to wear. I put together a super natural make-up look using both the Oriflame products and I'm personally really happy with how it looks.





The foundation comes in at £11.45* and the Blush costs £8.95* and I think perhaps this is a little steep when you compare them to drugstore prices, however, the quality is definitely there and I think that choice pieces would be worth investing in. The foundation has a lovely feel to it and I prefer it to my Bourjois Healthy Mix which offers a similar coverage but feels a lot heavier! I also have my eye on another shade of the Perfect Blush in the shade Glowing Peach - I can just imagine the colour and it makes me shiver in delight at the thought. TMI? You can find all of Oriflame's beauty range on their website here.



What do you think of  how these products look? Have you tried anything from Oriflame before?



Share:

3 comments

  1. I love the look of the foundation I hadn't heard of this brand before everyone went to the meet up! The blusher looks stunning too!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this brand before, that blush looks fab! xx
    Claire does beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This foundation in my country is slightly cheaper, but there's always offers. I was looking towards this foundation as it has tons of good reviews, but it stopped me from purchasing it, that I don't know what 'porcelain' shade is like. Now I see that it wouldn't fit me - too yellow.
    I really like the lippies from them and they have decent scents too (I used to have 'Enigma'), compared to other this type of brands. I would also recommend the all purpose balm they have, it's like maybe their most famous product.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig